GUIDELINES / PROGRAMMES FOR 2016/2017 STUDENTS’ UNION ELECTIONS
ELECTION GUIDELINES FOR 2016/2017 SUEC ELECTIONS
This is to inform all interested candidates that are vying for electoral positions in the students’ Executive Council (SEC) that the following conditions serve as addendum to the extant rules for the conduct of SUE election:
- Contestants must have at least 2.50 as CGPA as 2nd Semester 2014/2015 session for any position
- Contestants are prohibited from using any form of vehicle or animal (e.g horse, donkey, monkey, etc) for campaign
- Defacing of walls and/or roads within and outside the university premises is strictly prohibited
- Campaign with noise making such as drumming, blowing of trumpet or flute and singing is restricted during office hours, that ism between 8:00am and 4:00pm
- Any student standing/facing disciplinary process is qualified to contest election pending the final determination of his or her issue. If he or she is later found guilty of the offence, he or she stands removed from office
- Contestants are expected to maintain decorum during and after the students’ Union electioneering campaign
- Any candidate that has a record of having been found culpable of any misconduct by an appropriate organ of the University shall not be eligible to contest for any position
- Any candidate who runs foul of any or all of these guidelines may be disqualified from contesting.
ASPIRANT NOMINATION FORM
- Aspirant should visit bursary unit at student affairs division to pay for NOMINATION FORM of #2000.
- Aspirant would be given a pin code after payment to access NOMINATION FORM online.
- Visit www.election.aaua.edu.ng, click on GET NOMINATION FORM.
- Kindly fill the form as required.
- Aspirants are to take the form printed out to their desired individuals for nomination.
- Submit the form collected to student affairs division where necessary actions would be taken.
PROGRAMMES FOR 2016/2017 STUDENTS' UNION ELECTION
|1.||Wed 20th March, 2017||Lifting of Ban for Campaign||Main Campus||10am|
|2.||Mon 24th April, 2017||Demonstration of e-voting||OBJ Hall||2pm|
|3.||Mon – Wed 24th – 26th April, 2017||Collection of Nomination Form via online||Univer. website|
|4.||Wed 26th April, 2017||2nd Demonstration of e-voting||OBJ Hall||2:30 – 3:30|
|5.||Thurs 27th April, 2017||Submission of printed Nomination Form||Student Affairs||8 am- 2 pm|
|6.||Fri 28th April, 2017||Screening of Aspirant||Student Affairs||10 am|
|7.||Sat 29th April, 2017||Screening of Aspirant||Student Affairs||11 am|
|8.||Tues 2nd May, 2017||Display of Names of Qualified Candidates
Accreditation of Agents
|9.||Wed 3rd May, 2017||Manifestoes||Sports complex||8 am- 2 pm|
|10.||Thurs 4th May, 2017||Elections and Announcement of Results||CBT Centre||8 am- 3 pm|
|11.||Fri 5th May, 2017||Filling of Electoral Petitions (If any)||Student Affairs||9 am- 3 pm|
|12.||Mon 8th May – Fri 12th May, 2017||Hearing of Electoral Petitions||Moot Court||10am- 4 pm|
|13.||Friday 19th May, 2017||Swearing-In Ceremony & Handing Over||OBJ Hall||11 am|
Dr. A. Olonisakin