GUIDELINES / PROGRAMMES FOR 2016/2017 STUDENTS’ UNION ELECTIONS
This is to inform all interested candidates that are vying for electoral positions in the students’ Executive Council (SEC) that the following conditions serve as addendum to the extant rules for the conduct of SUE election:
- Contestants must have at least 2.50 as CGPA as 2nd Semester 2015/2016 session for any position
- Contestants are prohibited from using any form of vehicle or animal (e.g horse, donkey, monkey, etc) for campaign
- Defacing of walls and/or roads within and outside the university premises is strictly prohibited
- Campaign with noise making such as drumming, blowing of trumpet or flute and singing is restricted during office hours, that is between 8:00am and 4:00pm
- Any student standing/facing disciplinary process is qualified to contest election pending the final determination of his or her issue. If he or she is later found guilty of the offence, he or she stands removed from office
- Contestants are expected to maintain decorum during and after the students’ Union electioneering campaign
- Any candidate that has a record of having been found culpable of any misconduct by an appropriate organ of the University shall not be eligible to contest for any position
- Any candidate who runs foul of any or all of these guidelines may be disqualified from contesting.
ASPIRANT NOMINATION FORM
- Aspirant should visit bursary unit at student affairs division to pay for NOMINATION FORM of #2000.
- Aspirant would be given a pin code after payment to access NOMINATION FORM online.
- Visit www.election.aaua.edu.ng/nomination-form
- Kindly fill the form as required.
- Aspirants are to take the form printed out to their desired individuals for nomination.
- Submit the form collected to student affairs division where necessary actions would be taken.
Dr. A. Olonisakin